Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN to Quickbooks Pro 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

flteng

IS-IT--Management
Jun 25, 2004
US
My client has the following network setup:

Bldg 1 - 6 PC's with XP Pro behind a Netgear FVS318 Router with RoadRunner Business Class Internet access. (Dynamic IP Addressing)Workgroup setup

Bldg 2 - 3 PC's with XP Pro behind a Cisco Router with BellSouth partial T1 line with (Static IP addresses)Workgroup setup

Both Bldgs are connected via fiber optic line.

I need to have the PC's in bldg 2 connect to the workgroup in bldg 1 to access Quickbooks Pro. Any ideas?

For no cost solution:

If the Netgear firewall/router/VPN device at Bldg. 1 supports dynamic dns update (like I know some netgear models do), then utilize that to overcome your dynamic IP issue on the building #1 end. Load whatever PC-based remote VPN client software that Netgear VPN requires on each PC at Bldg. 2.

For low-cost alternative: Install a 2nd Netgear FVS318 at Bldg. 2 and create a site-to-site VPN tunnel with the Netgear VPN routers serving as the VPN endpoints. No PC-based software required.

FAQs for this forum may also be applicable to you since you are using Workgroups.

faq463-2520: Why can't I browse the Network Neighborhood over my (fill in the blank)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back