Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN to IP Phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlegates

Technical User
May 24, 2007
US
Have a client who has several VPN phones that are just not working as per Avaya states. Would like to convert them back to IP Phones. Is that even a possibility since the firmware has already been upgraded? Has anyone successfully done this? I'm at a loss here and don't know where to turn.

Please make sure you scroll all the way down on that link or you'll miss part of the edit.

Kyle Holladay
ACA-I, ACA Call Center, ACS-I, ACS-M,
ACE Implement: IP Office
TIA-CTP, MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Oww forgot to tell thanks to Kyle :)

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Thanks for the google search. I could've done that. I was actually looking for someone that already went thru something like this.

And no I didn't quit. These were all working for several months all around the country connected to a Sonicwall at the Main Office. They just upgraded to all Sonicwalls at all locations with VPN tunnels, so I don't need VPN phones anymore.

I'll try your link and I'll let you know how it goes.

What google search? TLPeter in the first reply gave you the exact information you need. And I reckon everyone on here who answers Q's will have gone through this as it is fairly common.

I seem to remember doing some of these just by changing the GROUP of the phone.
i.e. when phone is booted up, press HOLD 47687 (G-R-O-U-P)# and change to say 123.
As long as the TFTP server is online and has the files I think it should re-load the standard IP Phone firmware.

Dave

UK Based IP Office Discussion

Twitter twitter.com/davea66
MSN davea123ATlive.co.uk

I'd try the mute button.... (MUTE 47687#) and then 0#

And this will only work if the 46xx upgrade files have the appropriate entry's as mentioned in the manuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back