Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vpn through vpn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boyds

MIS
Aug 17, 2001
US
I've got an ipsec vpn using cisco client 4.6 to a pix 515. It works great. No issues there.

Users need to access a resource from a site to site vpn on a symantec velociraptor. When I'm on the vpn client I can ping/access anything on the network except the site to site. Any ideas why this is?

Thanks

is the site to site also tied into the pix 515?

If so, upgrading the PIX OS to 7.0 would correct this, as it allows hairpinning.

Prior OS's for the PIX did not allow you to route traffic back on the same interface it was received.

Computer/Network Technician
CCNA

Check the rules to make sure the subnet the site to site subnet is available from the VPN network. Run a tracert to the site and see where it fails.

And if it fails at the PIX, this can be resolved by upgrading the OS to 7.0(1).

Computer/Network Technician
CCNA

The site to site is on a separate firewall. I think we have it tracked down. I need to have a route statement put on the router behind the firewall (I think). Unfortunately, I don't admin the router so it may take a week or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back