Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vpn through isa issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 30, 2004
US
I got my isa up and running nearly perfectly, i have started rras and run the wizard to allow vpn clients I cannot however login via a vpn connection I get error 691 username and password invalid on domain. My isa server is part of a domain that uses another server as the domain controller...

maybe totally unrelated but I cannot ping the ip of my external nic in my isa server either...

any ideas?

Have you checked on your Domain Controller that your ISA server is a member of the Remote Access Servers group, if not thats why you get an error message about invalid username and password.

I got it working about a week and a half ago. DC was already set up correctly. The problem was one of the settings on the isa server. I had to enable Dhcp relay in the client settings. The isa server was allowing users to connect but assigning them an ip that was not on the subnet. I found an article in isaserver.org (all those tutorials by Tom Shinder) that helped me set it up.

By the way...
The external NIC of the ISA server will not answer pings by default.

MCSE CCNA CCDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back