Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vpn setup on SpeedStream 5200 ADSL Modem/Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarnold270

IS-IT--Management
Jul 1, 2003
US
I have a SpeedStream 5200 ADSL Modem/Router setup on a private domain (using 192.168.0.1 thru .10) using active directory. The 5200 works fine for internet access. I setup a VPN connection to work remotely. The VPN works great on the inside (tested), but I cannot connect from the internet. I have forwarded ports GRE 1723 and TCP 47, disabled DHCP and firewall, and enabled NAPT on the 5200. Also, VNC 3.3.3 won't even connect after having forwared port (TCP) 5800 on the SpeedStream 5200 (but works fine on the inside).

PLease, any help would be greatly appreciated.

SA

You've enabled NAPT but have you set up a NAPT Server?

Thanks CPUSmith... I got it working. The Speed Stream 5200 is not designed to handle VPN traffic. It can be setup to port forwarding, but has some issues. I purchased a Efficient Network 5861. It does the deed. Thanks for your help. sarnold270

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back