Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

komara69

Technical User
Jul 9, 2003
US
I setup Microsoft VPN server with 10 ports. But I only able to logon with 2 simultaneous connection. If the 3nd person try to logon the server will time out with error 678. I am running out of knowledge where to troubleshooting the problem. Please help me if I left out something or need to change anything. It used to worked fine before, there are many time that I seen more than 3 simultaneous connection. Now it only can accepted 2 simultaneous connection. Please help.

Are you possibly out of Available ip addresses on the third connection?

Nick

Nick,

Thank for reply. No. I have plenty of Available IP address. I have 1097 of Available IP address and only 150 users. SO you see i have plenty IP left.

Have you tried adding more ports to eliminate the potential port quantity issue. Also try configuring ISA to only allow assigned IP address in - it's mush safer than letting DHCP do the work. This will also eliminate the potential client config issue.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back