Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN Routing Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misar

IS-IT--Management
Jan 20, 2004
US
Hi All,
I am new here. I have a major problem. Hopefully someone can help.

I just got a new T1 and installed a new domain.

The WAN side of the router is 69.41.10.X
The LAN Side of the router is 10.10.1.1
The LAN space is 10.10.1.2 - 254
The Netopia T1 router is a VPN Server.

We are using the Windows2000 and XP clients to connect.
One of my VPN Connections is coming from Russia. He has a cable modem. His internal address space there is 10.10.X.X. He can connect to the VPN fine, he does nto lose connectivity yo the network or internet when he does. The problem is that I think hios packets are getting intercepted or whatever by his ISP's router and routing to his local network instead of my network. NETBIOS isn;t even an issue here, he can always connect to \\10.10.1.2 which is the server he needs to access. I was thinking of having him enter a static route into his workstation such as "route add -f 10.10.1.2 MASK 255.255.255.255 10.10.1.1"

I desperately need to get this fixed and am trying to avoid changing my LAN Space to 172.18.X.X

I SOOOO apopreciate the help.

Joe

Hi Joe,

Well the only think you could do is to create a static translation of your internal network with nat and set the translated addresses as part of the interesting traffic, that should avoid the overlaping issue (supposing it is a lan2lan connection).

Let me know if you need further help.

Fernando Bardia
MCP,CCNA,CCSP

Well,
I wound up switching my IP Space to 172.18.X.X Only thing I could do. Tnx for your help!

joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back