Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN report

Status
Not open for further replies.

yhchooi

MIS
Nov 1, 2001
MY
How do I generate VPN report showing which user login, accessing to which system, time login and logout?

Best Regards
YH Chooi

Probably the closest you will get to your requirements is to run a historical report on Authentication Detail. This will show you who has authenticated and when as well as the duration they were on. Depending on how you currently use authentication this might be enough. Otherwise, you may need to use a filter to just capture the VPN traffic.

As far as determining what systems the user accessed while connected via VPN, there is no way to determine that information from the FB that I have seen.

Ntr0P

Thanks for your respond. I am only getting report list for the history report, instead of graph. How do I plot the graph report.

Best Regards
YH Chooi

Is there any freeware I could use to plot the VPN report? Best Regards
YH Chooi

In the report properties box, verify under the Preferences tab that you have not selected "None" for the graph. You have the option to create multiple graph types from that tab.

Not aware of any freeware, but you can always export to WebTrends format, or if you are feeling particularly saucy, you can export to text and try to use something like Excel to create a graph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back