Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN Remote phone for 46XX phones. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you add the needed lines to your 46xxupgrade.scr file? These lines need to be added at the top after all the commented lines before the main lines of code:

#check for VPN users

IF $GROUP SEQ 876 goto DEFVPN
GOTO NOVPN

# DEFVPN

GET 46xxvpn.scr
GOTO END

# NOVPN

Yes, however the problem is that when the phone is reset it loses the group setting and goes back to 0. I have a ticket open with Avaya but..... it might be awhile...

OK I got it, it was user error!! You must say NO when it asks if you want to reset values, then YES to reset the phone.

Has anyone seen this error when trying to load a license file on the weblm server?

Error installing license. License file is invalid or not created for this server. License file was not installed.

Avaya asked me for the MAC address of the WebLM server before generating the license file. I guess the license file is keyed to such.

I have configured a 4610 with the VPN firmware, but when I test it from home it will not pull an IP address... gets stuck on DHCP: XX seconds....

I am plugging the phone into a broadband modem, which a PC can pull an IP address from just fine... how do the current users of this get around the fact that a commercial DHCP server doesn't have all the options Avaya says you need? (like opt 176, etc)

brightkat,

The VPN software overcomes the 176 options requirement by allowing you to enter these settings manually into the phone. However, your problem seems to be something else. It sounds like maybe the phone is not fully configured for DHCP. When the phone is starting (and DHCP is displayed) press the * key and make sure that all your address, router, and mask settings are 0.0.0.0

They are definately all 0's.... the same phone will pull an IP from an internal DHCP... where in the firmware (which file) does it let you manually enter DHCP settings? I have been over and over the 46xx files to no avail... what am I missing here?

it's not in the 46xx files, it's on the VPN phone itself that you must manually put in the call server IP address and port (usually 1719).

The 176 options (CallSv, FileSv, port) are entered in the same DHCP configuration sequence. You should be able to get an address lease, unless your broadband company is doing something stingy with your DHCP server and only issuing leases to certain MAC addresses. Could it be a layer 1 issue?

I assume that when you configured the phone on the internal network and put it in group 876, that it downloaded the proper firmware (a10bVPN23_2.bin), and you have configured the VPN settings either manually or via the settings files?

Yes, it has the proper VPN firmware... could it be that it's looking for a VLAN and the broadband doesn't do this? How does it work for the rest of the world? I can put in the call server IP address but that still won't mean it will get an IP address for the phone, right?

I use a linksys between my broadband modem and my home network. The linksys serves up DHCP just fine for my vpn phone and other computers on the home network. It could be that you're not getting true DHCP from your broadband modem.

has anyone run into IPSEC and IKE "rekeying" issues with Cisco VPN? It seems that the phones rekeye their IKE every 4 hrs and their IPSEC every 16 hours. When this happens, the phone either has dead air for up to a minute (if a call is in progress), or just reboots. Is there a way to control how often the VPN phone "rekeys"?

OK I am making baby steps towards progress here... I finally got my phone past the VPN by turning off QoS (this was the only thing that worked) .... now once it gets to the internal network, it goes to get its internal IP address (which was statically set by the Cisco concentrator on the way in) and starts to reboot. It goes back through the VPN process of authenticating, says successful, says "DHCP: XX" from the inside, and reboots again, over and over... any ideas? You guys have been great so far

ok, So has anyone run this tomcat server for the WebLM & integrated Management on the same server to serve both licenses for each product family as well?
there seems to be a "license" for the firmware aspect of these VPN phones now. Has anyone worked with this in depth. A customer of mine is having major heartburn with one working and the other not. My thinking is the need to have 2 seperate servers running tomcat, 1 for WebLM of this xml license for the AIPPF (IP Phone Features product family) & 1 for Integrated Management license. ANy thoughts?
-Wes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back