Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN remote access (cable modem)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HUANGDI

Technical User
Dec 30, 2002
US
Hi All,

I need a little help with a config. I need to light this up in 4 hours.

I have at the remote end a user with a CISCO VPN Client 3.6.3. with a connection via a cable modem without a static IP. He has a W2K Pro notebook.

This has to connect thru to this office to a PIX 520 running 6.14 DES/IPSec. There is a 2600 running Version 12.2(12a)with FW Feature Set 3DES/IPSEC in front of the 520. He will untimately need access to his WK2 Server on his Enterprise. There are NO Certificates or AAA Server type severs available.

I was thinking that VPN with IPSEC would be a good way to go, but as always this is the place to ask the gurus.

Many Thanks.

You would be better off landing the IPSec tunnel on the PIX, to then give access to the internal LAN, otherwise you'll be opening up lots of holes in the PIX for access.

Either way, this will work & look pretty seamless from the clien't point of view.

Go to & have a look for sample configs, there's plenty there that cover this sort of thing.

joelsat,

Thanks, but could you post a link specific. I have a CCO account. And by the way, will the VPN cryto/access list disturb my static, Conduit and NAT statements?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back