Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellyinb

IS-IT--Management
Oct 11, 2001
US
I have a client that just install cisco VPN client and they can VPN into the network - several problems.
When the VPN software is installed on their local machine they cannot map all the drives on their local network. Some work but others do not - share names do not seem to make a difference (default share works sometimes and not others).
When they connect they cannot map to any drives on our network (non-local). We are running through a VPN concentrator with several discreet networks and domains inside a PIX firewall. The boxes they are VPNing to do not have a PDC or a BDC inside our network.
I need to get these guys up and running, any help at all would be more than welcome.

Have you set up their host file for the boxes they are trying to map to?

I have heard, briefly, of the hosts file but dont' know what exactly it is or how to configure it. Please elaborate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back