Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN question

Status
Not open for further replies.

hereigns

MIS
Sep 17, 2002
US
Got a Windows 2000 client that is connecting to a external customers network via Cisco VPN. Everything works well except that the client has a local database that he needs to be able to connect to while VPN'd and is unable. Apparently the client is trying to connect to the database via VPN instead of looking at it's local subnet. Any ideas on how I can get around this obstacle?

Has the client shared the database yet? That might take care of the problem by making it more accesible. Just a thought.

Glen A. Johnson
If you like fun and sun, check out Tek-Tips Florida Forum

Sorry, I wasn't too clear about the location of the database, the client connects to the database via front-end application on the local subnet. So it's local to him on the network but not on his pc, sorry for the confusion.

Is there the ability to direct the local application to a specific location of the database? If so, create a script that once the VPN software is exected (I am assuming that you do not have a "tunnel" between the two systems and it is a manual software VPN connection), create a mapped drive to the database and then point the app to the mapped drive.

Hope this helps......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back