Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN Problem with Linksys BEFW11S4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ihawk63

Technical User
Dec 12, 2001
SG
I am having trouble surfing the internet when I start my VPN. I am not able to ping to the Public internet eg yahoo etc.Not able to ping the DHCP govt server as well. If i don;t start the VPN, i am able to surf the internet. The VPN client software is TimeStep. I would appreciate much if you can assist me in this.

What do i need to enable in the Router setting (Linksys BEFW11S4) inorder to get the VPN Function.I have read alot of articles in this forum and have tried some methods but its still giving me the same pain.

What I have not done is checked whether GRE 47 is enabled as I am not too sure whether this needs to be set in the router. I have read that TCP Port 1723 needs to enable too. Problem with this is that I am not quite sure whether this needs to be enabled in the Router which happens to be the link sys.

I have also tried to change the channel from the default 6 to either 1 or 1 but I am still having the same problem.

Would appreciate if you could kindly advise on how to go about to get the VPN working.

Thank you in advance.

Nelson William
Singapore

Make sure the office router VPN configuration is setup to use split tunneling. That will let you use the VPN connection and surf at the same time.

When you configure the VPN, use the 'remote access server' option instead of 'virtual private network'. This will set up VPN without the filters so the NIC will be working as normal.

-Jamieson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back