Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN phone stuck at "Discover" 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

james1052

IS-IT--Management
Aug 6, 2013
US
I have a VPN phone which cannot connect. It is at remote Site B and is behind a Cisco ASA firewall. I am trying to get it to connect to the phone system at Site A. It works just fine if I bring the VPN phone to my home, but it does not work at Site B when behind the ASA firewall.

At first I could not get it to VPN at all but now that I have configured my access-lists on my ASA to allow IKE port 500, it can at least VPN. However, after it successfully VPNs, it gets stuck at "Discover [phone-server-ip]" The IP address listed on the LCD is correct, but it never gets past that. Is there another port I need to open for it to talk to the phone system? Please help. I am stuck sitting here trying to figure out what to do. :(

I didn't get around to upgrading the IOS, etc, but thanks for the files!

However, I did fix it! I fixed it by going into the menus on the LCD of the phone and changing this:

Encapsulation: Disable

...to this...

Encapsulation: 4500-4500

Yay!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back