Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN Phone Can't find PBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

gingersnap1027

Technical User
Jan 12, 2007
US
Hi,

I'm trying to use a 4621SW with a Cisco PIX VPN to hook up a VPN phone. I can get the keys exchanged fine but the phone can't find the call server once it establishes the VPN. Has anyone run into this before and have any advice. I'm pretty certain this is a network routing issue but the phone guy is always guilty until proven innocent.

Thanks,

We incountered the same issue with the phones not getting to our DHCP server which was on a Linix server. We had to put in all the MAC addresses for the phones before they would connect.

I have VPN firmware on several 4610's. One in Spain, one in North Carolina, one at my home, and one on my desk at work going out over a private DSL connection to mimick the remote setup of the others.

All was working well on my test phone at work until our network guys revamped the network hardware on the DSL connection and put in a SonicWall firewall. Since that time my VPN phone would authenticate with the VPN concentrator but the sit in Discover mode before finally timing out and rebooting. It was a firewall restriction on the new SonicWall. I didn't get any more detail out of the network team than that unfortunately.

When my systems group put in a Cisco ASA the firewall settings they had to make changes per the Avaya requirements with port assigments before our remote users to use. I would get the document on the correct settings from your Avaya support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back