Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN now not working since change from dial-up to Broadband

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finchmore

IS-IT--Management
Jan 28, 2004
GB
Hi... I wonder if anyone can help?

We currently have a handfull of users connecting to our network's exchange server using SSH Sentinel VPN software through a ZyWALL 70 firewall on dial-up connections.

All have been working well except for one user who has switched to broadband and now can't connect.

Does anyone know if there are any amends that need to be made to the setup to allow connection via broadband?

Thanks & regards.

Do you mean that the broadband user cannot establish a VPN connection, or after establishing a VPN connection with broadband he cannot connect to the exchange server?

Sorry guys...

Yep, the VPN connection can be established but no connection can then be made to the exchange server.

Thanks.

Can the user ping the exchange server IP address?
Can the user ping using 1500 bytes packet?
If the user is using Outlook/Outlook Express, did he/she configure the Internet Connection Settings probably? (the settings may be different in different versions)

Unfortunately, the user is away at the moment (my apologies, I didn't know this when I originally posted!) so I can't test... I will check it out next week and revisit the problem if it still exists. Thanks for your feedback so far, guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back