Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2005
US
I am having issues getting people to connect to our VPN, this all started just yesterday. I'm not sure what types of VPN's are out there but I use the Routing and Remote Access snap in on Windows Server to manage mine (using PPTP). When I look in the Event Viewer I get the following error:
Code:
The user connected to port VPN3-14 has been disconnected because the authentication process did not complete within the required amount of time.

What can I look for to troubleshoot this?? Thanks.

did you make changes to the firewall? gre open? pptp open?

I had to restart the firewall yesterday (WatchGuard Firebox II). the way we have our network is like the following: two T1 connections running into a Cisco 1700 Router, from the router into the DMZ which is a Netgear FS105 Switch, from the DMZ into a) the Firewall and b) the VPN server, and finally from the Firewall into the LAN. I made no changes to any settings in the firewall or in the Routing snap-in. Any suggestions?? Thanks.

Make sure the remote users do not have a firewall in place for the VPN connection. They may have installed a personal firewall or turned on the Windows Firewall.

Nope, no firewalls turned on at any client machines. This is a real head scratcher because everything looks correct in the settings, there is connectivity.

I can't even ping the feaking address and it is sitting connected to the DMZ. Where else can I look??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back