Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN Issue with 2000 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokesembos

Technical User
May 23, 2005
GB
I've got an odd problem with VPN and a windows 2000 server box. I've configured RRAS manually, and setup users who are allowed dial in access. IP addresses are handled via DHCP. Now I can connect fine and get an IP address, but whenever I try and access the server, or ping anything in the network, it doesn't respond. If however I reboot the server, then vpn in, I can access everything until I dosconnect the vpn and reconnect, then it goes back to not being able to communicate with anything on the network!

Its a basic workgroup setup, and I've reconfigured DHCP, DNS and RRAS.

Any ideas as to whats up?

Thanks

just wondering.

I know that in the client in the options by default it probably has use remote networks default gateway. Uncheck this you don't want that.

Thanks for your advice but I finally managed to track down what it was. It was winroute causing the problems.

Thanks again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back