Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN into UAE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rach005

Technical User
Nov 13, 2007
CA
I've been reading for hours. This forum is clearly out of my league. However, am hoping someone can clue me in here? My sister has set up a wireless cam in her apt in the UAE for her daughter (here in North America) to be able to connect to and see when ever she wants to see her mum. She sent me the IP address and apartment router but there is a DNS error? Do I need a VPN into the UAE and use a local gateway? I can ping the IP address in dos.?? Am pretty novice at this but would appreciate the help!....also posted on remote access thread...unsure which I should use?? sorry for doubling up.

Because that would require for the two of us to login at the same time, start a chat session..bla bla. UAE is 9 hours ahead...she works in a studio. Her daughter can logon and see mum doing her stuff anytime! Doesn't have to stop her work to come logon to a chat session...This would be somewhat of a semi-perm. set up. Does that make sense?

Oh...and there is no computer in the studio. It's a wireless cam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back