Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN Error 403

Status
Not open for further replies.

firstdan13

Technical User
Dec 18, 2004
US
Hi,

I am having a little trouble successfully connecting to my VPN. I have a VPN setup on a PIX 515E. I have a Cisco client 4.0.5 on a Windows XP laptop. I am getting the following error.

Secure VPN Connection terminated locally by the Client. Reason 403: Unable to contact the security gateway

I have checked the VPN group username and password and also checked the gateway setting and it is pointing to the outside interface of my PIX. The laptop does not have a firewall running on it.

Please if anyone has any ideas, I need all the help I can get.

Thanks
Firstdan13

Hi Dan,

This usually means that the VPN key or VPN group name are wrong. Just check the settings and see how you get on.

Regards,

Dan

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the reply. I told my client that he needs to check the vpn group password and username and he assures me that he has set it up properly. Is there anything else that can be the problem.

Thanks
Firstdan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back