Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN Dialing

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreasolo

IS-IT--Management
Oct 26, 2005
US
I am supposed to be setting up store to store vpn dialing in the voice vpn table...I am looking for a little direction. I have setup the digits based on another site that has this setup but it makes no sense to me. The code in voice vpn table is 9555xxxx...then there is a key defined speed dial that is called store and the value is 9555+...then in the voice vpn the delete value is set to delete 8 and the prepend value is set to 5555555xxxxxxxxxx (seven 5's and the full store number)...cant seem to make a lot of sense out of this setup....anyone else got any insight?

Not sure what you are talking about here - its always helpfull to list your system type and software level before you explain your issue

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

I was actually talking about the Voice VPN table. I have a store that wants to dial a 4 digit code to each store so had to setup a voice vpn entry that looked like this...working now...thank you, sorry didnt get back sooner, this went to my spam folder.

Capture_kzbglt.png

So now the store can seize a line and dial 3966 and it will dial the 10 digit number of that store...have to use 5's because doesnt interfere with any other numbers in dialing plan.

Voice VPN
Location Code: 5555553966
Min Extension Length: 0
Max Extension Length: 0
Description: Store
Selector: Public

Digit Manipulation Operations
Digit Manipulation 1: Delete
Value: 10
Digit Manipulation 2: Prepend
Value: 978-957-1234
Digit Manipulation 3:
Digit Manipulation 4:
Digit Manipulation 5:
Digit Manipulation 6:
Digit Manipulation 7:
Digit Manipulation 8:

Thats great but the Mitel 3300 doesnt have a voice vpn table so it makes no sense to Me what system you are referring to

Well I'm talking about a product that is now part of Mitel which is Clearspan.

So I'm referring to that Mitel owned system.

Thank you!
😃

cheers , was that an aastra related product ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back