Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN connection problem using cisco client 3.6 (IPSEC over TCP option)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nrpatel

MIS
Jan 7, 2003
US
I have installed Cisco VPN client version 3.6 for cisco 3000 series concentrator on windows 2000 professional. In my cleint property setting I have selected use IPSEC OVER TCP and default port is 10000.With this setting I am not able to connect and it time out. If in my client property I choose UDP protocol option then it will connect fine. I truned on error log and and try to connect with IPSEC option and I am getting following error.

20:58:25.113 01/06/03 Sev=Warning/3 DIALER/0xE3300008
GI VPNStart callback failed "CM_CTCP_FAIL" (1Dh).

My ISP is Comcast and I am using Motorola cabel modem 4100. I contact my IPS and they told me they are not doing any filtering for IPSEC traffic.

If anyone has solution or same issue please respond. I appricate your effort and help.

On the 3000 concentrator there is a option to allow TCP connections...make sure that this is turned on. The default port is usually 500 so you will have to change the port to 500 on the client. When you attempt to connect have someone turn logging on on the 3000 you should see some type of negotiation going on, if not your being blocked somewhere??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back