Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN Connection issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

freshegg

IS-IT--Management
Feb 22, 2005
GB
Upon installingthe Forticlient VPN software, the test connection works fine. However when trying to make the IPSec VPN connection to an external firewall it is unable to launch this side of the application.

I believe something on the PC is preventing this. I have disabled real time scanning on the AVG AV, shutdown MS AntiSpam beta and added the application executable to the exception list on the windows firewall.

Another strange thing, is when installing the Forticlient software firewall, this does not install correctly, with the logs showing a cant find a .sys file.

It appears to be some sort of system corruption somewhere.

This is on an XP Sp2 professional workstation

do you have a sniffer software or logging ability? just to see how far it gets? Also look into any 3rd party firewall you are runnig in case it stops the vpn as its not on the local network.

Thanks for the reply

No other firewall software appears to be on pc, i am going to be sniffing packets on the firewall next

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back