Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN Connection Drops Suddenly When Connected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ihawk63

Technical User
Dec 12, 2001
SG
Hi,

I need your kind assistance with regards to the above.
I have got a user who works remotely from home using VPN connection using ADSL modem.
Software Client used is TimeStep Permit/Client.
User seems to lose connection suddenly while in VPN.
I have tried the following but user still has problem
1.Reinstalled O/S
2.Reinstalled TimeStep Permit Client
3.Edited the Host File

User is currently having PPP Dialup and an ADSL modem
User switches PPP Dialup when connection thru ADSL failures.
The Problem Seems to intermitten.Some Days user doesn;t have any problems,Sometimes user is unable to access to VPN the whole day.

Kindly advise what can I do to help the user as user works from home most of the time.

Thank You

Regards
Nelson William
(Singapore)

Have you figured out what's going on? I have the same problem ( but over T1 line and TimeStep PERMIT VPN ).

thanks
-Nuclear

Not much help here... but my wife also has the same problem. I am looking for a solution too.

I am having much the same issue with microsoft VPN clients appearing to be connected in VPN with a Win2K server, but in reality are not. Anotherwords, we can no longer ping across the VPN but windows says that it is still connected. Re-connecting the VPN is a very short term solution sadly. My first instinct says that this is related to the authentication method. It seems as though the server realises a loss in connection and refuses to authenticate the client untill the client disconnects and re-attempts to authenticate. I really don't know how to get around this. If anyone has any ideas, please post them here.

James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back