Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN client with Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

jundalabee

IS-IT--Management
Nov 19, 2003
Hi,

I wish to VPN into my office from home without much luck so far.I have tried with Mandrake 10.1

I have tried the PPTP-client at pptpclient.sourceforge.net. and I get a, could not load mppe module error.

Can anyone tell me how to resolve this error, or point me in another VPN client direction. (keeping in mind I am pretty new to Linux).

Thanks in advance,
Tim.

Ok thanks I will give this a try.

Tim.

I still haven't had much luck using either pptpconfig or openVPN.

When running debug mode in pptpconfig I get the following two lines which I wouldn't mind being clarified.

"Using interface PPP3pptpconfig: monitoring interface ppp3
Connect: <--> /dev/pts/8"

I need to connect VPN with eth0, and from what I read it is trying to connect via a different device. I ran tcpdump while trying to connect and there was no activity.

Could someone please tell me if I am even close and if so how do I make it connect through eth0?

Much help needed,
Tim.

The config files for OpenVPN specify the virtual interface. Your routing tables dictate the gateways and routes that the virtual interface from OpenVPN uses to reach the "other end".

Internet Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back