Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN client using Smart card

Status
Not open for further replies.

dganti

IS-IT--Management
Jun 30, 2005
US
One of users visiting from overseas has a problem with the laptop that has a Smartcard Reader with a Smart card containing Checkpoint certificate. We need to give him another laptop for his use. When the Smart card reader (PCMCIA) along with the Smart card was moved to the new laptop, the certificate does not show as an option in the 'Browse' mode.

Can the card be moved to another laptop? Are there some identifying information that renders the card useless if moved to another machine?

The user has Checkpoint Secure Remote NG R56 client running under Windows XP/Sp2.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

hello,

when you move the certificate to an other laptop, first you must install the master-certificate (with this cert. you created the cert for the user, isn´t it?) on the laptop. after that, the cert of the user will be shown in the secureclient. i had the same problem several times with new laptops of users...

martin

----------------------------------
Martin Peinsipp, Austria
CCSA,
IT-Security-Administrator

This laptop was setup in Oslo by the user's home office support group. Will the certificate have a specific file name and can I just copy the file or do I have to export using some tool?

Thanks again for your help. I will try to see if this works.

D. D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back