Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN Client Disconnects

Status
Not open for further replies.

itisme

MIS
Oct 23, 2001
US
I allow remote users to access network using a Cisco Concentrator.

One particular remote site with DSL can never remain connected using their Cisco VPN client; 2 different VPN clients 4.02 and 3.6.

None of my other remote users (dial up and DSL, etc.) experience disconnections.

I have even tried setting the maximum connections to the maximum.

Q:1 Has anyone experienced this problem before?
Q:2 If yes, how did you resolve it (assuming you could)
Q:3 If the answer to Q:1 is no, do you have any suggestions on what I should look for on the client side, particularly with their DSL connections out of their DSL router???

I've not had this problem. Is there a vpn connection between the offices or do the clients use their vpn to all connect to the HQ. Get in touch with your ISP see if the line is working properly. Do they get disconnected every time after a certain time line (ie always after 3 or 5 min?)

I many not be answering your question properly but the way I have it set up at the main office on the Concentrator is for remote users to dial up or use shared internet access or whatever means they have at their disposal to get on the net, then they start the Cisco VPN client to connect to our Concentrator. The users are authenticated using a LAN-to-LAN Session. When they log on, they show up on the Concentrator under the RAS Session.

I will follow up with the ISP for that remote location as well. It could be the Netopia router is at fault causing the users to be disconnected too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back