Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN Client config for a 506e 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warmon

IS-IT--Management
Jan 14, 2006
US
Hello all I need help,

I am new to the PIX, when I started working here we had a sonicwall pro200 and just upgraded to a pix.

I had to get a fellow tech to help me with my original setup of the pix out of the box for a setup config, and he showed me the basics for setting up point to point (firewall to firewall) connections, I have reset-up our point to points with no problems but now I have to allow and setup vpn client access to a couple of our servers behind this pix and I have NO idea what commands this entails.

I have browsed through 10 or so pages and found a basic vpn access config posted here but I am sure thats for a different pix and not a 506e.

Can anyone post a basic vpn client access config for a 506e or help a new pix tech get this process started?

Thanks in advance.

What type of Client VPN would you like? PPTP or Cisco VPN 3000 IPSec client. The config for all PIXs are the same.

We only have a pix and no vpn concentrator so I think I need a ipsec config.

Hello,

Should the central PIX act as >>EZVPN<< Server and the cisco VPN Client 4.x on remote side? With auth do you like to use: preshared key or do you like to use certificates?

NTBH
Marcus

I would like to use a preshared key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back