Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN cisco PIX and ACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

silks101

Technical User
Apr 28, 2003
GB
I know these three go together - but I don't know how. does anyone know of a doc. that can point me in the right direction.

I basically need to configure the PIX so that it allows vpn access which is authenticated on the ACS box ideally using PPTP but with the facility to use MPPE if we need to.

does anyone know the best place to start

Thanks

You can configure the PIX to act as a headend device for VPN clients. When the VPN clients establish a VPN tunnel they can be authenticated using an ACS server, if they pass the ACS authentication then, they are allowed to establish a VPN tunnel.
The link below explains how to configure the ACS server for VPN clients connecting to a router, but it works the same way for the PIX:

thanks for the great information - I have a solution now - my only problem is I don't appear to be able to route the vpn traffic - it is fine on the local LAN but I want the vpn traffic to be able to access other areas of the network

I can post config of the vpn setup - can you tell possibly tell me how I should set up the routing for it

Many thanks

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back