Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN causing dropped connection on ADSL lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandondaly

IS-IT--Management
Jan 9, 2002
GB
Hi,

I've spotted a general problem with my ADSL connection constantly dropping. It just stops working and I have to contact my ISP to get them to reset my connection (or logon to the bt_test@startup_domain connection)after getting BT and the ISP to run many test BT have concluded that my VPN is to blame.

Does anyone know what on the VPN can cause this and how it can be rectified?

Regds,
Bran.

There are only 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who know binary and those who don't.

I have a somewhat related problem as well. Would an SSL connection through the web browser be considered a VPN connection? If so when I have too many connections the routher hiccups and I have to unplug it and plug it in again to reset it.

A

I'm not sure of the router/VPN device you are using, but I had a similar problem. See if your router/VPN device has a "keep-alive" feature. I am using 2 WRV54G(linksys routers and that feature seemed to solve my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back