Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN Can't Contact Domain Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

skispray

Programmer
Feb 28, 2003
US
Hello, I have a Firebox X500 and 4 VPN clients configured. 2 VPN clients are not on a domain... just standalone workstations. They are able to connect and browse anything on the trusted network. The 2 I'm having problems with are members of the domain in the trusted network. When a user takes his laptop home and logs in with cached domain credentials he is able to connect to the VPN and ping the X500 and use WSM. However, he can't ping the domain controller or any other device on the trusted network.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

do you have an any rule created for the VN users to the trusted domain?

how have you configured the MUVPN client? dare they using the gateway on remote network have you give them access to the trusted network only. I have had problem with the gateway feature i the past so just give my MUVPn users access to the trusted network only and this seems to correct the issue.

Are you running WINS? You want want to add the WINS server address in the tcp/ip settings of the laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back