Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN between Linksys BEFXS41 & Netgear FVS18

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrverde

Technical User
Sep 21, 2003
US
I have managed to setup and connect a VPN tunnel between the Linksys BEFXS41 & Netgear FVS18 routers. I can ping from the Linksys side and get responses from computers behind the Netgear router. The problem is that I cannot go the other way because the Netgear unit does not have an IP address for the Linksys unit (the Netgear unit shows 0.0.0.0 as the remote gateway address). The Linksys unit uses a dynmic IP address that doesn't seem to be passed over the network the Netgear router. What am I doing wrong?

Hello,

I have this exact VPN running in several locations. I think I can help. I am a little late with a response, do you still need help?

Hi TKmike,

I could use some help, if you don't mind. I have a home computer connected to Linksys router. I need to connect to another network via vpn that has Netgear. I have XP on my machine and have set up IPSec but I cannot even ping the LAN ip of the netgear router. Could you please help me?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back