Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN between 2 domains using 1 pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdeane

IS-IT--Management
Sep 21, 2001
GB
I have some people working in a different companies premises and they currently have 2 pc's on each desk, 1 for our network and the other for the other companies. The pc's for my network are at the moment using a switch and a ISDN router to connect to head office.

What I would like to do is install Nortel's Extranet client software on to the other companies pc and use their internet connection to connect to my domain.

The other companies pc is running Win 95 and is connected to their domain.

I installed the software and although I can ping all of my network and telnet onto the UNIX boxes I cannot accesses anything on my domain i.e. shared drives, Exchange etc.

I have also discovered that when the Extranet software is running that the other pc will no longer connect to the other domain, what I wish to happen if possible it to have the one pc talking to both domains one via ethernet and the other via VPN. With out having to resort to setting a trust between the 2 companies.

Thanks for any help, if your require more information please post questions.

Jonathan

Jonathan,

Take a look at Winroute lite ( a free 30 day trial is available. It will share the connection made by the Nortel client, nat your internal network, forward dns queries...

Under the Settings tab, click "Settings" in the "Advanced Settings" frame (ok, the user interface could stand some work), under the security tab, click on "Enable local PC's to connecto to shared files on the internet.... "

Regards,
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back