Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN / Banner Text 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

reb59

Technical User
Nov 4, 2005
US
Have connected to employer's system using nortel vpn for last year or so on home pc running xp home through comcast cable modem without any problems.

Now have new laptop with xp pro and get...

"connecting to ip addr", "getting configurataion from ip address", then sits on "checking for banner text from ip addr" before receiving "the secure contivity vpn conection has been lost. click connect to re-establish the connection".

have had reg it guy and corp help desk both come up empty.
have used exact same connections as desktop, same version of software, installed, uninstalled and reinstalled, swapped cables, powered cable modem on and off, all while desktop is working fine. i'm 1500 out of pocket for pretty cool laptop, but i need to work from home on it sometimes! Please help!!!

Can you post your local log info. Should be in... C:\Program files\Nortel VPN Client\log. The actual installation folder might be different, but hopefully you get what I mean.

Also, what version client are you running?

One of the following protocols is being blocked at your end.

Protocol 50 ESP
Protocol 51 AH

Is your Windows XP Firewall enabled? Disable it before trying to connect. That should make it work.

The other solution is to get the Contivity administrator to enable NAT Traversal on a certain UDP port. Then, on your Windows XP station, enable that Nat Traversak UDP port + UDP 500 + IP Protocol 50. Then, it should work.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back