Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN and Win2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcanfer

MIS
Aug 9, 2001
GB
We're trying to setup VPN, using Win2k to do all the hard work (authentication etc), and just passing the relevant protocols through the PIX without using any of it's VPN capabilities.

Now I've set it up so that GRE and PPTP have access both inbound and outbound from our VPN server. However, although we can start an inbound connection that gets through the PIX and to the VPN box, it never seems to make it back out to the VPN client.

There is nothing in the error logs for the VPN server, client or the PIX syslog - other than a string of seemingly normal authentication errors that eminate from the PIX inside IP address. However these errors are not generated by the PIX, they just show up on our syslog box.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Can you tell me what you did on the Pix 515 since I am trying to do the same. I would like to authenticate on an internal server Windows 2000.

I would like to do the same but terminate on a windows nt 4 server. Any suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back