Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN & Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpamCan1

MIS
Apr 18, 2001
US
I am VPNing into my network from my own home computer. When I check my Exchange Mail (via Outlook 2K) I automatically download all the mail from the server. When I get to work and use my regular machine I see that I lost all of my mail. Where do I make changes on my Outlook at home so that I don't d/l all my mail off the server. I am the normal Exchange protocols.

I have this same problem and asked on here a while back and never got an answer. I hate it when it happens!

Are you quite certain that your home computer is using MAPI instead of POP3? To check, go to Tools > Services, double-click on whichever services you've configured to access your mail, and make sure it's looking specifically for an exchange server and not incoming/outgoing mail servers. Marc Creviere

Reconfigure mail support in Outlook to "corporate or workgroup". Then install MS exchange service in outlook. Internet email will download all mail off the server. Exchage server service will allow you to access mail on server.

It could also be that you are using Mapi rather than pop-3 to access the server from home but the location that new mail is stored is set to a personal folder (pst file)on your home system. I recommend using an (OST) file if you are trying to store the emails at home for offline reading. You can check the delivery location under your profile settings delivery tab in Outlook. At any rate it should be one of the two situations (previous post regarding pop-3) causing the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back