Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN / Adware in NAVCE 9.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ochoops

IS-IT--Management
Feb 6, 2005
US
I installed NAVCE 9 on a small network (3 servers, 30 clients) and everything is working fine.

I read that this version includes "VPN Sentry...ensures systems are in full compliance..." and "Expanded Threat Detection and Threat Categorization recognizes unwanted applications such as spyware and adware".

I have looked and looked in the SSC but find no reference to VPN compliance or adware feature.

Do I just assume they're there and working?

Thanks,
Tom

If you look in the SSC console at the scheduled scan options for the machines you will see where you scan scan in memory for expanded threats and other options.

Regarding:

Adware/Spyware: The previous post is correct, this type of detection is not Realtime. It can only be performed on a manual or scheduled scan. Symantec Antivirus 10 has changed this and now has the ability to do adware/spyware detection in realtime as well.

VPN Sentry: This does not come with Symantec Antivirus. You must purchase Symantec Client Firewall or Symantec Client Security which includes Symantec Client Firewall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back