Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Volume on 4620 sets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

YIMMER

IS-IT--Management
Jan 21, 2002
CA
Has anyone looked into the problem with 4620 set reseting volume levels on headset , handset, speakerphone every time you complete a call. Any help would be great
Yimmer

I've noticed the same thing, but haven't been able to get an answer yet. I'll post something here when I do.

There's a setting in the terminal-parameters 6400/4600 (or whatever they're called, I have no switch to look it up), if you set "Customize parameters" to yes (if not allready so), you get some extra options, one of them is "Volume". Set it to "retain handset & speaker between calls" and it should work as expected.
Not all terminal parameters apply to IP sets, but this one does. You will have to refresh the station to make it effective (either do a busy & release, or dial the refresh parameters FAC followed by the extension).

Cheers,
Nico

That did the trick. Just be aware that that change is a Craft level change.

that "terminal-parameters" form must be a Init or Inads change form.

It cannot be accessed by the customer login.

Netcon1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back