Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Volume expiration listing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jciarlette

Technical User
Aug 27, 2002
US
I am having trouble getting a listing of all volume set to expire on any chosen day. I am using mminfo to try to retrieve the information. My command line is as follows:

mminfo -m -q"volexp=07/01/04"
and
mminfo -m -q"volexp>06/30/04,volexp<07/02/04"

both return command line syntax help info.

What am I doing wrong?

Actually, this parameter has been removed since a while. Please have a look at the current mminfo manpages.

I have looked up and found volexp was replaced by volretent. I have tried volretent and still do not get any results back:

D:\win32app\nsr\bin>mminfo -m -q"volretent=07/01/04"
mminfo: no matches found for the query

D:\win32app\nsr\bin>

and when I put a range it replies about an overlap.

You can't do exactly what you are trying to do, since it is not the volume that expires. The volume becomes recyclable when all save sets contained therein have expired. Even then it is a little more complex since save sets do not necessarily expire on the date marked, this is because a full save set have an incremental or level save set depending on it.

So, basically you can't easily predict the expiry of a volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back