Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voltage coming from IP 400 8 port Analogue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orlando21

Programmer
Jan 13, 2004
CA
I have an 8 port analogue module.
I have been told by the customer that they used to do testing across two of the eight port that I had setup in a lab for them.
They said that they used to get 48 volts coming across that line.
I did some test on every port and I only get 34-36 volts at the most.
The regular digital ports push more like the 46-48 volts.
What they need is the analogue ports to have that voltage. Is there some way to boost the signal in the IP Office, or do I have to get an alternate enhancer. I have never altered anything in this regard. I think they were testing through something else myself.
They need that signal output for testing on some IP home phones, with their compression devices.

Thanks

You won't get 48 volts !!!

Analog Phone Ports "• RJ45 sockets. EU - Telephone ports act as Master sockets.
• CLI Schemes: DTMFA, DTMFC, DTMFD, FSK and UK20.
• REN: 2 (External Bell via POT port: REN = 1)
• Off Hook current: 25mA.
• Ring Voltage: 40V (nominal) RMS. "

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

They are saying that so it gets classed as a fault and so they expect you to foot the bill to achieve what they claim they used to get, it never kicked out 48 volts.

ACS - IP Office Implement

Put the 36 volts on there ears and then 48 volt so they know the difference :)

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

I know... "Honestly that phone point used to work".. when you look there isn't even a cable going to the box.

ACS - IP Office Implement

Thanks, guys, I figured as much just needed to confirm. Got all these responses at the same time. LMAO about the jokes though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back