Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VOIP - Which ports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

officerdibble

IS-IT--Management
Mar 21, 2009
GB
Hi,

Having recently changed BB providers and being stitched up by my telephone line provider, I eventually got everything running OK, or so I thought.

Every hour or so it appears that we loose our network connection to our (SIP) VOIP Syetem and hence our phone lines. We need to make an outgoing call from our system to re-start the connection and both incomming and out going calls resume.

I am wondering, could this be due to our router ports not being open to incomming traffic? I believe that ports 5060 - 5070 need to be open.

Is this correct and are there any other ports that need to be opened?

You can check this link for more info: thread1613-1503569

///doktor

This problem has become quite a neusance; Every hour we loose our incomming connection if we do not make an outgoing call. Once the connection is lost it will re-estiblish its self when we make an outgoing call.

All the necessary outgoing ports have been opened on the
router and I cannot see anything wrong with the phone system. Has anyone any idea why this would happen, is it the Router, Phone system or the exchange side of things?????

Help!!!

Supplementary:-

Got it;

The assistance I received from this site has helped me sort this problem out, a word of advice to anyone in a similar position, when opening the relevent ports make sure you open them to the correct IP address, don't fall into the same trap I did and open them to the main IP address of the system make sure to open the to the IP address of the VIOP unit. Dough!!!!!

Thanks Guys

We had this problem with the early ipLDK-24 in version 1.0.
The internal NAT/PAT table of the PBX/KSU got corrumpted, if it was not "motioned", i.e. conversations were active. So, we reported this and got a new firmware.
Let me what type of LG-Nortel PBX you have installed, and the firmware. The firmware is written in the dispaly of any keyset if you press: [TRANS/PGM]+72.
If you know their address of your VOIB/VOIBE board, and can browse this ip address, you get the firmware version when you browse the VOIB/VOIBE.

///doktor

I could see from your other thread that you have an ipLDK-20, so I just need your firmware level.
(Btw, I was away for a few days, unable to reply ;-)).

///doktor

Thanks, but please read my 6th April, entry. Job sorted. :-}

OK. I added some info for other members having the same issue. Nice that you could use my info, anyway.

///doktor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back