Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VOIP TRUNKS can't get them working? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BizFoneGuy

Technical User
Aug 14, 2005
CA
I've tried to tie two BCM's together using VOIP trunks and I must be missing something? Both have valid Voip keycodes. One is 2.5 and one is 2.03. I've set up both the local and remote gateways for the appropriate addresses, and numbered extensions as 2000 and 3000 respectfully. I've set up routing and private and set the VOIP trunks in a trunk group accessed by route 001. In playing around on one unit I dial a 4 digit extension number and get an immediate busy and with release reasons set to detailed I get the message "normal clearing" and the trunk is dropped. Any ideas as to what I'm missing or doing wrong? I can't get trafic to go either way? Any help or advice would be great! Thanks.

you have to change the remote package on the VoIP lines to one that has the VoIP pool in it. it defaults to package 00 which can't be changed and doesn't include the VoIP pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back