Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VoIP Router settings to send an analogue extension of an analogue PBX through an WAN connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve5512

Technical User
Jul 10, 2020
RO
Hi Folks,

Maybe this could sound like a crazy challange for most of you, but I still want to post it inhere as a new thread :

I want to try the impossible, to send a PBX analogue extension through an internet connection using 2 VoIP Routers at both ends without an VoIP PBX or an PBX which has SIP facilities, just a simple analogue PBX and a simple analogue extension.

What I need is to create a false VPN server through which I can connect these 2 VoIP Routers in some kind of private Cloud through which I will be able to use this extension like it would be in the same local wired local PBX network, to call and receive calls on an assigned PBX existing number.

Everything sound a little crazy and most of all impossible, but I still want to do it.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Stefan

Steve5512

Option 1 -
Not sure if you are aware but there is an “Homeworking” feature on the DX. Where by a remote user can receive dial tone from the DX and dial internal/external numbers/features and receive incoming calls from their allocated DDI extension number. Homeworking came in at 7.1 software (see LCO command to see if enabled). Then look at the LPER command to start with.

Option 2 -
Here is what works for me -
I have a Hi-Path DX and a spare Mitel 3300 based in the same location. The analogue extension port from the DX is connected to the Mitel 3300 TRUNK port. The trunk port is mapped to a key on the Mitel 5340 IP telephone. Press the Mitel key and I receive dial tone from the DX, and then dial. Call the DX extension and the Mitel key flashes and rings.

The Mitel IP phone is located at remotely at my home address and connects through the Internet to the Mitel 3300.

Security - I connect to the 3300 via a Mitel MAS server (located next to the 3300) but I think you can connect direct 3300 and bypass the MAS server. This would mean allocating a public IP address to the 3300..!

The Mitel phone boots up in Teleworker mode, this is where you program the destination IP address into the Mitel phone.

The base Mitel 3300 supports 4x analogue trunk ports as standard, ie 4x DX extensions. Each trunk port can be presented to one or multiple Mitel users working remotely.

I would have thought you would be able to pickup a second user Mitel 3300 cheap on eBay with the built in analogue trunk ports located at the rear.

Unfortunately for me my PBX is older :
Unpublished Work. Copyright Siemens plc.
All rights reserved.
DX ATDBN9006 26978.01 01.030
9.0.061 /01DUK 0001000 UK 14 12/10/05 A M 081
HiPath DX DUAL PROCESSOR
01/07/20 08:22:35
SMI A> se
SER1=9600
SER2=9600
SER3=9600
SER4=9600
REMOTE=4
IPACT=88.0.0.1
ETHACT=08:00:06:9e:cc:34
MEDETHACT=08:00:06:9e:cc:35
FPGA=0.0/fpga2010.a
MUSICFILE=0.0/music02.a
DSPFILE=0.0/dsp0109.a
ETHSB=08:00:06:9e:cf:f6
IPSB=88.0.0.2
CUST=3
CIL=2
MEDETHSB=08:00:06:9e:cf:f7
AUTO=1.0/atdbn900.app
STANDBY=YES
MODEM_STRING=ATQ1S0=1+MS=9\n\r

Truly speaking I would rather try to use 2 VoIP Gateway to accomplish my goal, but I`m not very sure how to put them head to head each other to get a straight signal between them without a VoIP PBX or an VPN in an WAN IP Cloud.

Anyway, I will try to do the first option and if I will be able to make it work would be the most conveniant than allthose damn IT settings.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=7bf23449-4231-4d52-9176-2729d2e6a6fe&file=PBX_-_Topography-page0001.jpg
Here is what I did, but I`m stuck and don`t know exactly what should I do further to complete the entire task :
lex 2929
SN2929 SPARE
nvn 2929
rper 2929 hw y 0213186120
scs 2929 31
stac 2929 31
lper a
C O H H H H D P I

PERSONAL OFFICE H H PSTN L V D D W W F A C

NUMBER (EXTN) D W (NUMBER) I R HDT HDI HWT HWI A D A C O P S

2929 N Y 0213186120 N N D D - - Y P Y N N

I think you will need to read the DX manual in the area of “Hot-Desking and Home-working” as it can be quite complex to setup. The feature needs to have been enabled in the chargeable options (see LCO) first. As you can see my DX is set to “enhanced"
?lco 14
ENTRY NO CHARGEABLE OPTION AVAILABLE UTILISED SPARE SYSTEM MAX
014 HOMEWORKING ENHANCED

The other part you need to be aware of is that the remote users all dial a common PSTN number to activate the session with a feature code and PIN from memory. Once activated the next time they dial the common number they receive dial tone from the DX which is validated with the incoming CLI (calling line identity). If you want to transfer a call in progress the remote users keys 2580 (DTMF) which is the equivalent of the Recall key and receives secondary dial tone. You get the idea, its not perfect but it does work!

The common DDI number needs to be translated in the main (real) routing table to another feature code called “Set home working from home”

?lfc c *#40
DIGITS CODE
*#40 166 Set home working from home (requires digit translation)
NUMBER OF SPARE ENTRIES = 108

For example, if the PBX DDI range is 0161 222 5000 - 5999 and you pick 0161 222 5555 as the Homeworking common number. This is the number the remote user dials to logon, which then needs to be translated to the “Set home working from home” feature code.

RL Digit Translation Table (LSSP SPRDT)
01612225555 = *#40

Hope this helps get you going but I think you will need the Siemens DX manuals.

Thanks Buddy for your advice, unfortunately I couldn`t find the Homeworking Siemens DX Manual and I must resume myself to what I can find inside my DX-150E manual, which is not to much and not even to detailed. Regarding what you told me :
?lco 14
ENTRY NO CHARGEABLE OPTION AVAILABLE UTILISED SPARE SYSTEM MAX
014 HOMEWORKING ENHANCED
Inside LCO option 014 was already Enhanced, otherwise I wouldn`t be able to set what I told you in my first message.
?lfc c *#40
DIGITS CODE
*#40 166 Set home working from home (requires digit translation)
NUMBER OF SPARE ENTRIES = 108
The feature code is already in the feature codes list, what I need is to comp[lete the work with what you mentioned, the TRK number to be used with this feature code.
For the last command you mentioned this was what I found :
?lssp sprdt
SPRDT 000001 00001. ---1 0000 0000 0000 0001B
I will do it and let you know if I was successful in the end.
Thanks again for everything !

HiPath DX Publications - Issue 8 is available

faq965-7883

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back