Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VoIP One Way Speechpath

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlesap

Programmer
Aug 18, 2003
GB
I have just upgraded an Opt61C to CPP Rls 4.00 with SigServ. I add an IPE shelf to receive 2 Media cards.

Everything looks good, except that IP phones calling to TDM phones doesn't transmit voice on any of the both MC. Communication is OK between 2 IP phones.

IP Telephony system is rls 4.00.55 with all actual patches on SigServ and MC.

I have restarted the MC, unplugged/replugged MC, checked SigServ conf for codecs, etc, etc....

Does anyone had this problem somewhere?
Any suggestion welcome.

your on the bleeding edge, rls wise, but i haven't read anything about that problem.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

stat the media cards in ld32 and chech if trunks are registered

Trunks are REG status. Tracing a call with LD 80 show that i'm using MC channels correctly.

Any other ideas ????

IP phones receive voice from TDM phones.

I would possibly suspect the data network and in particlur if you have a router and vlans. It may be the router does not now about the tlan address of the vgmc cards.

You mentioned you installed a new shelve - does anything else on that shelve have a voice path? - if nothing there add a line card and test phone.

Did you built the MC channels through the element manager?

What if you call a TDM device on the same shelf as the MC?

HAve you tried removing one MC card so you are just dealing with one at a time?

Which software release is on the ttg card?

We upgraded an Option 11c rls 25.40b to rls 4 and upgraded the itg card to software rls 3.01.60 and we created an oneway speechpath. We downgraded to 3.01.22 and the probleme was solved.

Hi Guys

I have the solution.
First, to answer your ideas, i try to install 1 DGTLC in that new shelf : Works fine, but no action on VoIP.
Try to leave only 1 MC : No result

Then, only ip protocol analysing give the answer:
Install a hub between MC and TLAN. I could see that only one way UDP packets comes here, from MC to network.
Install that hub between IP phone and network, 2 ways UDP packets.
The problem was that the MC was not in the same VLAN as IP phone, but network may route that VLANs. In fact, NO....

Once again, data guys never believe what voice guys says, but finally the problem is on their side, as most of the times...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back