Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VOIP Logger Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

denev1

MIS
Oct 24, 2003
US
We are looking at moving from TDM to VOIP loggers and I'm having difficulty figuring out how many VOIP channels on the new loggers we need.
Does anyone have some ideas/stories they can share about how to determine the number of channels in a QM environment where we are not recording 100%

Thanks!

hi it depends on number of TDM channels you currently have and number of agents/extensions.

With voip are you going passive or active?

I assume you're looking for some sort of calculation to understand the maximum number of simultaneous recordings required at any one time?

I'm not into sales or presales so don't have the formula myself but you'll need something along the lines of number of agents, number of required calls per agent to be recorded, average duration of calls, duration of time to capture the calls over and do some special multiplication and division of all this data to get an answer.

Alternatively do something simple like purchase a 30% channel capacity for number of physical extensions to be recorded and monitor it for the first month or two to see how busy your logger is and if required add more channels later.

We had a similar move a couple of years ago. One of the supplier's techy guys wrote an SQL query to count the number of calls occurring each minute through the day over our busiest two month period in the year.

We had to do the query separately for external and internal calls, where one record in the datyabase for an internal call counts as two channels required.

DD

Thanks Everyone! What I wound up using was

Number of recordings needed per associate / Number of calls per associate per day = % of calls needed to record

% of calls needed * max number of concurrent logged in user

We then added a buffer to that to account for specialty queues that will be at a higher percent recording and as DancingDave mention we needed to account for internal calls.

we will have to monitor it to RoamingKiwi's point for a couple months to see how close or far away we are. The important thing is really to not short the number at this time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back