Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VOIP line to connect from PC to Siemens Products. Switches and Phonemail. Does it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

telcomsal

Technical User
Jul 12, 2012
US
I am in need of a replacement for having a regular POTS line from AT&T. I currently have AT&T POTS line that I use to access some of my Siemens systems. The cost is just keeps going up. Does anyone know if it is possible to use a VOIP line (Vonage) or any other type of VOIP line for dialing into Siemens switches (CCA) I have heard several different opinions on the success of this. Do you have any suggestions on to lower the cost to remote access to Siemens switches and Phonemail. I have a PC that I run ProComm and would like to find a cost effective way to connect a phone line, Landline or VOIP and be able to successfully connect to Siemens switches and Phonemail. Please be specific with details. Thanks in advance.

In the UK, we try to "borrow" the voice line from any broadband circuit as it tends to only ever be used for the Internet and that the voice port is spare.

The only other option is to have a cheap PC at each site and use something like Team Viewer to connect.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Thanks for the Info. I have to many sites to make it possible to put a laptop at each site. I am really just trying to get confirmation from someone that it is possible to connect to a Hicom 300 and Phonemail using a vonage line or some other VOIP line to connect to the modems and be able to administer the sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back