Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voip line appearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

FDproductions

Vendor
Mar 28, 2003
US
In my 3.7's i could program VoIP line 001 to a button. Then i would assign the target line to ring only on every set. The point was to be able to see the held call on every phone. With the BCM50 V1, it will not let me assign Voip lines to a button on the phone.

I need all phones to ring on a VoIP trunk call, and when it is placed on hold i need everybody to see it. Any ideas? I tried auto associate life of call with SWCA buttons, but there is a problem with that. The ring back reminder calls the ext that put it on hold not allowing anybody to pick it up

Thanks.

here is another option that I have used. As long as you have availible ATA's and CO trunks availible, you can assign a target line to ring to an ATA. Then x-wire the ATA over to an availible CO port. The assign that CO port to appr and ring on the sets that you want. This way you can place the call on hold and pick it up from any set as long as it's mapped. Easy way to make it look like a key system. Although keep in mind you'll need keycodes to activate those ports if you don't have them already. Make sure to activate disconnected supervision on the ATA port too, if not the port could possible hang.

It's weird, but this works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back