Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VoIP I2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

technickelone

Programmer
Mar 10, 2004
US
We deployed some 2004 with the Sonic walls. The calls are dropping and choppy internal/external. Any ideas?

OPT 81

We have about 100 i2004's now. We had similar issues in the begining but have corrected them by forcing all phones and switch ports to use 100-Full duplex. There are issues with auto-negotiate and, in our case, Cisco switches.

I can rule out carriers since their all on different carriers. The phones are full/100 and the WAN port is full/100. Maybe the Signal server

are the calls between ip to ip the problem or ip to TDM, a little more info will help thanks

Remember if it doesn't work hit it harder

Scott UK

What's the transport between sites? I'm guessing since you mentioned Sonicwall that you're using VPN.

Any VOIP over VPN especially with different ISPs is tricky. I'll wager on a latency/jitter issue that is the cause of your problems.

Yesterday we set up a test environment internally at my desk and the call was very choppy. We then removed the sonic wall and plugged the phone straight into a lan connection and it was perfect. The sonicwalls seem to be the culprit.

In the users home its out ip then into our office and out copper or ip- we tested both by changing the ncos.
Its also bad if the user calls my ext.
Its something with the sonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back