Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VoIP for Electra Elite IPX

Status
Not open for further replies.

cckens

IS-IT--Management
Jun 11, 2008
US
Description: Electra Elite IPX for a small company of about 20 in-house users with 4 remote sales folk and one South American Supplier.

Can this system handle VoIP out of the box? I got managers breathing down my neck for the "next big thing" even though it's been around for a while, and while I can see the cost-savings if it get's installed, I don't see it as more than a buzzword for this company.
The quote from the provider recommended 5 Edgemarc 4500s with one 4300 for the office, and 5 phones totalling around 10 grand. Is this right?????

cckens

"Not always my best shot, but I hit the target now and then"
-me

The Electra Elite IPK is no longer being sold for new systems by NEC and only parts are available. The latest version is the IPKII and now just released is the SV8100 which is the latest. The older Elite IPK does support VOIP but it will be complete end of life ion few months and NEC will not be providing parts or support.
Are you getting your quote from a true NEC dealer?

S'funny, the box says ElectraElite IPK, but the web login page shows ElectraElite IPK II Webpro.
The proivder touts himself as an Authorized Dealer of NEC Unified solutions, Inc on his website, if that means anything.

cckens

"Not always my best shot, but I hit the target now and then"
-me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back