Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VoIP does not recover after network problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

kavsagol

Programmer
Nov 13, 2006
IL
We have a client with one IPO several IPO's (3.1.65) connected over a VPN. The VPN connection this client tends to stop working from time to time, and when this happens sometimes (allot of times) one of the IPO's connection becomes one sided - only incoming. When we look at the VoIP tool in Monitor, we see no data is sent. After reset everything works fine, but we can't do 3-4 resets every day.

We tried solving this problem with Avaya, they told us to configure the IP trunks codecs as G.729A and not automatic, that is what we did, but it does not solve the problem.

It seems the IPO's can't restore the IP trunk connection fully after a network problem. Any idea on how to tweak them so they will be able to restore the connection when network problems occur?

why tweak the ipoffice when there network is not good ?
a good vpn should never breakdown
but maybe a solution ,on your ip line is there direct media path checked ?
if yes uncheck it

I hope they don’t route Customer call across it, Im with tlpeter on this one !

I am however not aware of any issues in regard to the fault you are seeing, however I am having some big issue with 4.0.5 and SCN in regarding to merging, and duplication an issue we saw a long time ago on 3.0 seems to have come back !

ipo.gif

We don't use the IPO's as routers. Anyway, after investigating a little bit we found out that yesterday the network worked fine, but still many of the units had this problem. We are guessing that it is because of lack of VM Pro ports - it's about 200 people and allot came back from a vacation yesterday, so many of them tried to hear their messages. We'll increase the VM Pro ports and see if the problem returns.

MrIPO, the duplication issue you speak of as i understand it is something that has never been fixed.

I may be on the wrong track for you here, if so apologies.

There is an issue whereby if you use the wizard to create configs for systems that are in a SCN then entities are copied across the scn. So a user at site may appear in the cfg at site B. This is something that is still with tier four and has never been fixed. The workaround is if you are using SCN, dont use the wizard.

Off topic i know, just wanted to get that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back